Records in this category
- CafeStation cannot connect with some of the workstations. What's wrong?
- Why is it that i can't add time for some workstations while some can? But if i log in as a member log is ok.
- I've lost operator password. Is there any way to recover it?
- I can't get connection/communication between the server and client PCs althought I can see all computers in network neighbourhood. What can I do to connect CafeAgent to CafeStation?
- Why it is that everytime I open CafeSuite it always displays the wrong rates? At first it's fine, but after an hour it displays a wrong rate.
- I have workstations Station-1 to Station-10 on my list and suddenly Station-10 just got in the middle of Station 1 and 2 - how can I fix this?
- How to ping computer in network?
- How to check TCP/IP settings of LAN connection?
- How to report problem with CafeAgent?
- How to check what address and port CafeAgent tries to connect to?
- When i try to install client, it displays message 'The dynamic link Library CafeAgent.dll could not found in the specified path'?
CafeStation cannot connect with some of the workstations. What's wrong?
First, make sure that the computers are visible in local network. Try pinging unconnected workstations from main computer:
Replace workstation_name_or_IP with the Server address field value from Main/Connection page in program settings:
If ping command fails, it means that there is something wrong with network setup. If other workstations are connected successfully, please verify that the TCP/IP protocol settings in LAN connection properties are correct. Usually network is set to obtain an IP address automatically, but if you're using static IP numbers, make sure that the default gateway and subnet mask match settings on the computers that connect properly.
If pings are received correctly,perhaps the client is running on a different port. The default CafeAgent port is 7777, but it might have been changed in program settings (on Main/Connection page). Here's how to check what address and port client tries to connect to.
- How does client software communicate with CafeStation?
- What TCP/IP ports are used by CafeSuite?
- How to backup configuration and data files?
- How to restore data files from backup?
- What is the right way of upgrading CafeSuite?
227935/76%Last update: 2010-03-03 17:06
You cannot comment on this entry