Records in this category
- Is it possible to disallow usage of inactive computers?
- Is it possible to use card readers for customer accounts?
- Does this software stop the customer from being able to change any settings on the computer?
- I have members who have a domain login, will these members have to log in twice?
- How many charging rates can CafeSuite handle?
- How many workstations can be controlled by CafeSuite?
- Is it possible to control game consoles like XBOX or PlayStation?
- Can CafeSuite control customers who are using their own laptops in my cafe?
- Is it possible to control customers with laptops using my wireless network?
- Can the workstation lock screen be altered (skinned) to reflect my branding? Where I can customize background image in the lock screen?
- How many customer accounts can CafeSuite handle?
- I have many employees, can they have separate profiles in CafeSuite?
- Is it possible to block certain content or access to some websites with CafeSuite?
- Is it possible to view workstation screen from the server?
- Is it possible to see what programs are running on the workstation?
- What about WOL / Wake-On-Lan / WakeOnLAN / Wake on LAN?
- Is it possible to block the USB in my PC's which has been abused by some users downloading copyrighted materials.
- Can you make it in CafeStation when a customer log into show his photo from databse (if it is exists)?
- I can't find smart card function. Do you sell smartcard module seperately?
- Do Cafesuite support multi-store? If not, will you develop this function? What's CafeBoss in configuration?
- Hello! can you use happy hour? for example: free navigation from 9:00 to 10:00.
- How to make CafeSuite charge time from customer accounts when they print a document (for example 2 min per page)?
- How can I make CafeSuite send my daily reports to a private email account?
- Can the server and client be installed on the one machine (e.g. workstation)?
- Can CafeSuite used on thin clients? With terminal sessions? With Citrix server?
- I just wanted to know if CafeSuite supports printing tickets and if it does how do one print tickets?
- Is there any possibility to keep customers from shutting down or restarting computers?
- Can be CafeSuite add points to the system immediatly? Such as when the customer finishes to use PC the system can reduce the price by points at once?
- While client has been locked for quite some time is it possible to automatically shutdown PC to save on electricity?
- Is it possible to import a database of clients (MS-Access format)?
- Is it possible to generate a product report sold per day (daily totals by product)?
- Can CafeSuite stop printing if account has no credit?
- Does CafeSuite have ability to install software by executing exe file from server and installing to clients?
- Can I block downloads?
- How to set up my wireless hotspot to work together with CafeSuite?
- How can i lock Start menu on client computers?
- Is it possible to monitor and control bandwidth in CafeSuite?
- How to configure built-in print control in CafeSuite?
How to set up my wireless hotspot to work together with CafeSuite?
The new CafeSuite RADIUS module makes it possible to authorize
laptop users through CafeSuite. The requirement is to have a wifi router
with RADIUS-authenticated captive portal feature, for example Open-Mesh or routers flashed with DD-WRT firmware. It's a bit
tricky to set up, but perhaps we will have pre-configured routers in
You will need:
- the latest CafeSuite (available on Downloads page)
- router wifi with DD-WRT firmware or similar that has a hotspot/captive portal feature (e.g. OpenMesh, CoovaAP)
- optionally https server where logon page will be hosted (or alternatively you could use our server)
- upgrade CafeSuite to the latest version
- during installation leave Install CafeSuite Radius Service for wifi hotspot checkbox enabled
- execute CafeStation and enter main program settings (menu Program/Options)
- activate option Enable RADIUS server on Advanced/Radius page, leave default port numbers, enter any password as Secret and remember it
- activate option Enable built-in web server on Advanced/Web services page, type some username and password for security
- enter your router's hotspot settings (Services/Hotspot/Chillispot for DD-WRT or Dashboard/Edit network/SSID #1 for OpenMesh)
Settings for Chillispot:
[*] Chillispot: Enable
[*] Separate Wifi from the LAN Bridge: Enable
[*] Primary Radius Server IP/DNS: IP number of PC with CafeSuite Radius Module
[*] Backup Radius Server IP/DNS:
[*] Shared Key: earlier typed password at Secret field on Advanced/Radius page
[*] DNS IP: IP number of a DNS server in LAN Remote Network: 192.168.182.0/24 (IP number and network mask of wifi network)
[*] Redirect URL:https://cafegate.com/hotspot/timecode.php (if users should log in with timecode only) or https://cafegate.com/hotspot/ (if username/password logon is required)
[*] DHCP Interface: eth1
[*] Radius NAS ID: anything, e.g. CAFE1
[*] UAM Secret: test
[*] UAM Any DNS: 0
[*] UAM Allowed: websites that can be accessed without logging in separated by comma
[*] MACauth: disabled
More information about settings: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Chillispot
Settings for Open-Mesh routers:
[*] Captive Portal Options: Other RADIUS Provider
[*] RADIUS Server: IP number of PC with CafeSuite Radius Module
[*] RADIUS Secret: earlier typed password at Secret field on Advanced/Radius page
[*] RADIUS NASID: anything, e.g. CAFE1
[*] UAM Server:https://cafegate.com/hotspot/timecode.php (if users should log in with timecode only) or https://cafegate.com/hotspot/ (if username/password logon is required)
[*] UAM URL:
[*] UAM Secret: test
[*] Allowed Domains: websites that can be accessed without logging in separated by comma
[*] ChilliSpot Compatible: enabled
Logon script can also be hosted on your own www server - the php and cgi code is available in CafeSuite\Radius folder. Then instead of https://cafegate.com/hotspot/ you need to enter URL to your own logon page and set identical UAM secret as in page script.
After connecting laptop with your public WIFI network and opening browser, user should get redirected to logon page. After correct logon, in CafeStation a new session will be started on a new workstation assigned to wifi group. After user logs off, the workstation will automatically be removed.
- Do you have a manual or guide for the software?
- What TCP/IP ports are used by CafeSuite?
- How to backup configuration and data files?
- How to restore data files from backup?
- CafeStation cannot connect with some of the workstations. What's wrong?
170763/57%Last update: 2014-05-20 14:06
Author: Przemek Miszczuk
You cannot comment on this entry